My website, this little fucking island in the middle of this vast ocean called the internet, finally looks like I wanted it to look for quite some time. This only took me... well, a couple of years of trial and error.
You see, the problem is, or should I say was, that while some themes on the internet (for either WordPress or Bludit, which I am using now) ticked most and sometimes all of the boxes when it came to things I required from the themes I often quickly found something else I liked, then I tried customizing it (colors, fonts, images - the whole shebang) which was more often than not annoying and difficult to do. This in turn made me lose interest in blogging and maintaining a website.
So F3B, huh?
F3B literally means Fucking Bear-Bones Bludit and it's a minimalist, lightweight theme that was made by me to suit my needs.
While creating it, I actually, for once, thought of things that I wanted and liked instead of blindly fucking following internet trends, which is a terrible idea. Seriously, ask anyone with a head on their shoulders.
Fancy fonts? Bright colors? Sliders? Full-fucking-screen sized images? I dropped all of that for negative space, readability, order and most importantly comfort.
What is F3B?
- Colors - The only colors on this website are different shades of black and slightly less poisonous blue for the links, same as you'd see on a website with no CSS whatsoever.
- Typography - I dropped the usage of Google Fonts in favor of using a system font stack.
- Images - LOL what images? The only images you'll see are those related to the article you're reading.
- Code - Nothing fancy, really. Semantic HTML 5, some CSS and making Bludit work for me.
- Readability - Oh you don't want CSS? Add
?textonlyto only load HTML, for example